- I openly recognize and accept my feelings.
- I am grateful for this situation.
- I embrace the difficulties I need for my growth and purification.
- I positively respond to the events in my life.
- I accept that no one can hurt me unless I allow them to.
- I connect with my compassionate side as I empathize with my “offender.”
- I am aligned with my beliefs.
- I willingly let go of the records of how I was wronged.
- I choose to forgive.
- I feel happy and peaceful practicing forgiveness.
- I pray for and bless my “offender.”
- I set myself free by choosing to forgive.
Either your thinking will shape your reality – or reality will shape you.
If we don’t properly chant the holy name, we will start thinking that chanting can’t really uproot our deepest anarthas. Because we are not experiencing Krsna while we chant, we lose faith in the value and power of the holy name. The maha mantra is a living thing and when I chant a living mantra I get life.
When we expect our child to listen to us when we have not first taken the time to hear and understand what they need, we are sending out a message that “listening is not important.” When we pause to listen to them, we model “listening is valuable for understanding.”
Maya is looking for the 1% percent of non-commitment, our weak link, and that’s where she’ll enter.
About Mahatma Prabhu
Mahatma Prabhu was born in Los Angeles, California in 1950. In 1969, at the age of 19, he first met Srila Prabhupada through The Bhagavad Gita As It Is, and then later that year met Srila Prabhupada personally in Los Angeles. In January of 1970 he moved into the temple in Berkeley, California and shortly after received first and second initiation.
He went on to do a variety of services including book distribution, sankirtan leader, temple president, college preaching, congregational development, and various educational projects. This has culminated in the work he does today developing workshops, social media, online courses and books both for devotees as well as the general public through his company Sattva (www.thesattvaway.com).