A blank bullet only sounds like a bullet is being fired. Sometimes we fire blank mantras. It sounds like Krsna, but Krsna is not there. And you can’t win your war with maya firing blank mantras.
We are proud of the symbol of our rebelliousness against God. We are proud of our material body. Yet the body is a declaration to the world that I turned my back on Krsna, something that most living entities will never do.
Association with devotees is essential for becoming Krsna conscious. Therefore, not getting along well with devotees will pose a huge problem for our spiritual advancement.
- Giving up all hope for a better past
- Giving up the resentment to which you are entitled
- Returning unkind acts with kindness
- Taking responsibility for how you feel
- Healing your wounds
- A trainable skill that everyone can learn and practice
- Living in the present instead of being controlled by the past
- Taking back your power
- Becoming a hero instead of a victim
- A means of releasing negative energy that could be potentiallydamaging to your mental and physical health
- Your choice
- The virtue of the brave
- Giving kindness
- Showing mercy
- Walking in another’s shoes
- An act of love
- Understanding and accepting other people
- Breaking the emotional bond you have with your offender
- The attribute of the strong
- Setting oneself free
- Forgiving oneself
- Leading us to the transcendental realm
Forgiveness is not:
- Forgetting that something painful happened
- Giving up your feelings
- Denying or minimizing your hurt
- Condoning unkindness
- Excusing poor behavior (making a wrong a right)
- Reconciling with the offender (although you may choose to)
- Telling the offender you have forgiven them (although you may choose to)
Shoot for goals you think are impossible to achieve. Don’t just shoot for chanting sixteen rounds; make an effort to chant better rounds than you could ever imagine. Don’t just do service; think of how to do it better than you ever thought possible. This is how to attract the mercy required to achieve these goals.
About Mahatma Prabhu
He has inaugurated many preaching programs and served in many capacities, including Temple President, Sankirtana Leader, Congregational Development Director, College Preaching Director, Co-Director of the VIHE and currently co-director of Bhakti Life.